A lithograph of Portland High School at Southwest 14th Avenue and Morrison Street. Built in the 1880s, it was razed in 1929. (Oregonian archives)
Ballestrem’s just-released book, “Lost Portland” (The History Press, $21.99), highlights grand structures that have disappeared from Stumptown over the years. The book certainly will cause readers a pang or two of wistfulness, for Portland has lost its fair share of irreplaceable landmarks.