Restore Oregon – 1912 Fire Station No. 17 in Portland
That night, recipients of 12 coveted DeMuro Awards will be applauded for their preservation and reuse of architectural and cultural sites, and the impact the improvements have made on their communities.
Source: Preservation awards salute old fire station reuse, pioneer farmhouse restoration, 10 others (before, after photos) – oregonlive.com
Phil plumbed the house for gas, electricity not arriving until about 1913. Phil and Dora married Nov. 8, 1903, moved into the house, and started their family. To complement the landscape Phil planted an orchard and four Giant Sequoia trees from Broetje’s Nursey on Oatfield and Courtney Rds. – now Clackamas County Heritage Trees.
The purpose of both Oregon’s Historic Preservation Office and Clackamas County’s Historic Preservation Ordinance is to protect and preserve our historic and cultural resources. Unfortunately without the stewardship of a caring owner this process can be circumvented and financial realities can intervene. The legacy of the Oatfield family is quickly disappearing, and unless a philanthropic individual steps forward to move this house to a new location this historic community icon will be lost forever.
Philip Oatfield House now
Source: Clackamas County Landmark to be Demolished | Restore Oregon