The photograph, dated 1920, shows the original location of the Junk Co., which later became Marine Supply & Hardware, still in business today. Photo: Anacortes Museum
The Anacortes Junk Co. building, which was originally a livery stable for horses in the 1890s, was where Efthemios “Mike” Demopoulos opened Marine Supply & Hardware in 1910. The port is opting to tear down the building after a structural engineer’s report deemed it unsafe for occupants.
Source: Preservation of Anacortes Junk Co. building uncertain | News | goskagit.com